Proposed Team Structure
- Drive Sub-Team (2-4)
- Manipulator Sub-Team (2-4)
- Programming Sub-Team (1-3)
- Art/Communications Rep
Drive Sub Team
Purpose: Part of the team will be dedicated to the driving portion of the robot. The base of the robot is important for a defensive strategy. This competition is not about “battle bots” but a few seconds of pushing is allowed in competition and can cost point. This part of the team needs to layout the defensive strategy.
- How many wheels?
- Turning? Tank Drive? Omni?
- Height? Weight?
- Most effective gear placement?
- What is the defensive strategy?
Manipulator Sub Team
- Arm? Wrist? Hand?
- How will this attach to the drive base?
- Height? Reach? Collapsible?
- Most effective scoring mechanism?
- What is the offensive strategy?
Programming Sub Team
Purpose: Part of the team responsible for all of the software writing and sensor utilization. These members have the most difficult task, to write a program for a hardware system (robot) that will change every time the other team members do their work.
- Write controller code for driver.
- Which sensors are useful? Placement?
- How does software integrate with bot?
- Most effective automation code?
- What is the autonomous strategy?